Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Nigella Lawson's Slow Roasted Lemon and garlic chicken

My beautiful friend Erin is my go to girl for quick easy recipes for a busy momma. Everything she makes is nutritious and healthy without compromising flavor and has very little prep time. We love those kind of meals right?
She just sent me this recipe (her new favorite) and I tried it tonight. I was missing a few ingredients so I improvised and it is truly delicious.

My whole family really enjoyed it.






Slow Roasted Lemon and Garlic Chicken






Ingredients


1 chicken cut into 10 pieces


1 head of garlic (peeled and separated)


2 unwaxed lemons, cut into chunky eighths

(I used oranges as I didn't have lemons and it gave a slightly sweeter flavor.)


Small handful of fresh thyme and rosemary (i used dried thyme as I didn't have fresh on hand)


3 Tblspn of olive oil


2/3 cup of white wine


Black pepper and sea salt to taste






Method


Serves 4-6


Preheat oven to 325 F


Place chicken in roasting pan add all ingredients except wine and toss to mix well. Make sure all chicken pieces are skin side up. Add wine salt and pepper and cover tightly in foil. Bake in oven for 2 hours.


Turn up oven to 400F and remove foil from pan. Bake another 30-40mins until chicken is browned and sauce is more of a syrup consistency.




Accompaniments

Roasted Sweet Potato


Cut sweet potato into 1/4 inch circles. Sprinkle them with olive oil and

salt and pepper and roasted them at 400F for about 30 mins. If you prefer them to be crunchier cut them thinner and cook them a little longer. You can also sprinkle garlic salt on them which is yummy too. Make sure you line the baking sheet with non stick foil or they will stick!




Sauteed Spinach


Heat olive oil in pan

Add 1/2 diced shallot or 1/4 red onion

Saute until translucent

Add spinach


(yes, my kids even ate the veggies )












No comments:

Post a Comment