Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Bleeding heart

Today my precious Lily fell out of our tree and landed smack on her face!!
It was so hard to stay calm in that moment as my friend Jaime rushed her to my arms with blood all over her face. I wanted to scream, shout, cry...but I held my composure and took care of my baby girl. My heart was in my throat. Don't you just wish in those moments that it was you?
This has been a particularly trying week for me as a mother. I have felt incompetent on many levels. God gave me this moment to snap me back into reality. I was able to redeem myself as a mother but tending to my hurt child. To be tender, loving and make her feel safe again. To be grateful that she was OK and celebrate that it wasn't more serious.
I am humbled in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment