Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Transitions



Hello lovely people ; )

This has been quite an emotional week for me already.
Lily had her last official day of preschool on Monday. It is the end of an era! She brought home a little folder filled with some art projects and a little message from her teachers about moving on, that made me get all teary eyed. It said:

It's time to say goodbye
Our year has come to an end
We've made lots of cherished memories
And many more friends

We've watched your child learn and grow
And change from day to day
We hope that all the things we've done
Have helped in some small way

So it's with many happy memories
We send them out the door,
With great hope and expectations
For what the next year hold in store

It made me reflect on why this is such an emotional transition for me personally.
Shouldn't I be excited for this new stage in my child's life?
Will she need me as much?
How is it going to be without her for 5 hours a day, 5 days a week?
What changes will occur now i have less control of her friendships and influences?

Not to mention the fact that I absolutely LOVED her teachers at preschool this year. We have been part of this amazing little preschool that is so warm and loving and safe.
It is always scary when you are stepping into unfamiliar territory.

It's all about letting go!

I know a lot of you are feeling the same way. Our babies are growing up! I always joke with my children and tell them "Please don't grow up. Just stay this way forever!"
But they do grow up....and it is wonderful.
Every stage of there precious little lives is filled with more wonder, more joy and of course the moments you want to pull your hair out ; )

Being a parent is the greatest gift of my life.

So, as we all go forward into this new stage of life with our children, we should remember to savor each moment because it goes by so fast. I remember the anticipation of pregnancy. Wondering who this little person was going to be. 5 years later, I barely remember my life without her in it, nor do I want to!
She reminds me how to be more accepting, how to love, how to give, how to be truly happy, how to be kind and considerate. She helps me be a better person. She is my little piece on heaven here on Earth. God must think I am doing okay, to trust me to mother this little angel.
And so... I am going to trust him to watch over her as she enters elementary school and this next phase of her life.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You are the sweetest inside and out and so inspiring. Prayers and thanks sent your way Cat! Thanks for all your lovely thoughts and the great way you look at life and your passion for your family- just incredible! God bless you so much! My twin sis and I love you and are so happy to have found your blog!!! -Rachel

    ReplyDelete